- (v.) adjust, set, correct (alter or regulate so as to achieve accuracy or conform to a standard) "Adjust the clock, please"; "correct the alignment of the front wheels"
- (v.) align, aline, line up, adjust (place in a line or arrange so as to be parallel or straight) "align the car with the curb"; "align the sheets of paper on the table"
- (v.) adjust, conform, adapt (adapt or conform oneself to new or different conditions) "We must adjust to the bad economic situation"
- (v.) adjust (make correspondent or conformable) "Adjust your eyes to the darkness"
- (v.) adjust (decide how much is to be paid on an insurance claim).
WordNet 3.0 © 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
|APA||WordNet. (2010). Adjust. Retrieved May 19, 2013, from http://smartdefine.org/adjust/definitions/1254840|
|Chicago||WordNet. 2010. "Adjust" http://smartdefine.org/adjust/definitions/1254840 (accessed May 19, 2013).|
|Harvard||WordNet 2010, Adjust, Smart Define, viewed 19 May, 2013, <http://smartdefine.org/adjust/definitions/1254840>.|
|MLA||WordNet. "Adjust" 23 October 2010. Web. 19 May 2013. <http://smartdefine.org/adjust/definitions/1254840>|