- (n.) education, instruction, teaching, pedagogy, didactics, educational activity (the activities of educating or instructing; activities that impart knowledge or skill) "he received no formal education"; "our instruction was carefully programmed"; "good classroom teaching is seldom rewarded"
- (n.) education (knowledge acquired by learning and instruction) "it was clear that he had a very broad education"
- (n.) education (the gradual process of acquiring knowledge) "education is a preparation for life"; "a girl's education was less important than a boy's"
- (n.) education (the profession of teaching (especially at a school or college or university))
- (n.) education, training, breeding (the result of good upbringing (especially knowledge of correct social behavior)) "a woman of breeding and refinement"
- (n.) Department of Education, Education Department, Education (the United States federal department that administers all federal programs dealing with education (including federal aid to educational institutions and students); created 1979).
WordNet 3.0 © 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
|APA||WordNet. (2010). Education. Retrieved May 22, 2013, from http://smartdefine.org/education/definitions/1191299|
|Chicago||WordNet. 2010. "Education" http://smartdefine.org/education/definitions/1191299 (accessed May 22, 2013).|
|Harvard||WordNet 2010, Education, Smart Define, viewed 22 May, 2013, <http://smartdefine.org/education/definitions/1191299>.|
|MLA||WordNet. "Education" 23 October 2010. Web. 22 May 2013. <http://smartdefine.org/education/definitions/1191299>|