- The right to enter.
- The right to obtain or make use of or take advantage of something (as services or membership. )
- A way of entering or leaving.
- usage: "he took a wrong turn on the access to the bridge"
- synonyms: approach
- A code (a series of characters or digits) that must be entered in some way (typed or dialed or spoken. to get the use of something (a telephone line or a computer or a local area network etc.))
- synonyms: access code
- Computer science. ( the operation of reading or writing stored information)
- synonyms: memory access
- The act of approaching or entering.
- usage: "he gained access to the building"
- Obtain or retrieve from a storage device; as of information on a computer.
- Reach or gain access to.
- usage: "How does one access the attic in this house"; "I cannot get to the T. V. Antenna, even if I climb on the roof"
- synonyms: get at
WordNet 3.0 © 2006 by Princeton University
|APA||WordNet. (2010). access. Retrieved November 17, 2017, from http://smartdefine.org/access/definitions/1189818|
|Chicago||WordNet. 2010. "access" http://smartdefine.org/access/definitions/1189818 (accessed November 17, 2017).|
|Harvard||WordNet 2010, access, Smart Define, viewed 17 November, 2017, <http://smartdefine.org/access/definitions/1189818>.|
|MLA||WordNet. "access" 23 October 2010. Web. 17 November 2017. <http://smartdefine.org/access/definitions/1189818>|