- Outward or visible aspect of a person or thing.
- synonyms: visual aspect
- The event of coming into sight.
- Formal attendance (in court or at a hearing) of a party in an action.
- A mental representation.
- usage: "I tried to describe his appearance to the police"
- The act of appearing in public view.
- usage: "the rookie made a brief appearance in the first period"; "it was Bernhardt's last appearance in America"
- Pretending that something is the case in order to make a good impression.
- usage: "they try to keep up appearances"; "that ceremony is just for show"
- synonyms: show
WordNet 3.0 © 2006 by Princeton University
|APA||WordNet. (2010). appearance. Retrieved February 19, 2018, from http://smartdefine.org/appearance/definitions/1188756|
|Chicago||WordNet. 2010. "appearance" http://smartdefine.org/appearance/definitions/1188756 (accessed February 19, 2018).|
|Harvard||WordNet 2010, appearance, Smart Define, viewed 19 February, 2018, <http://smartdefine.org/appearance/definitions/1188756>.|
|MLA||WordNet. "appearance" 23 October 2010. Web. 19 February 2018. <http://smartdefine.org/appearance/definitions/1188756>|