- Close fighting during the culmination of a military attack.
- A threatened or attempted physical attack by someone who appears to be able to cause bodily harm if not stopped.
- Thoroughbred that won the triple crown in 1946.
- The crime of forcing a woman to submit to sexual intercourse against her will.
- Attack someone physically or emotionally.
- usage: "The mugger assaulted the woman"; "Nightmares assailed him regularly"
- Force (someone) to have sex against their will.
- usage: "The woman was raped on her way home at night"
- Attack in speech or writing.
- usage: "The editors of the left-leaning paper attacked the new House Speaker"
WordNet 3.0 © 2006 by Princeton University
|APA||WordNet. (2010). assault. Retrieved February 19, 2018, from http://smartdefine.org/assault/definitions/1199563|
|Chicago||WordNet. 2010. "assault" http://smartdefine.org/assault/definitions/1199563 (accessed February 19, 2018).|
|Harvard||WordNet 2010, assault, Smart Define, viewed 19 February, 2018, <http://smartdefine.org/assault/definitions/1199563>.|
|MLA||WordNet. "assault" 23 October 2010. Web. 19 February 2018. <http://smartdefine.org/assault/definitions/1199563>|