- (n.) blister (a flaw on a surface resulting when an applied substance does not adhere (as an air bubble in a coat of paint))
- (n.) blister ((botany) a swelling on a plant similar to that on the skin)
- (n.) blister, bulla, bleb ((pathology) an elevation of the skin filled with serous fluid)
- (v.) blister, vesicate (get blistered) "Her feet blistered during the long hike"
- (v.) blister, scald, whip (subject to harsh criticism) "The Senator blistered the administration in his speech on Friday"; "the professor scaled the students"; "your invectives scorched the community"
- (v.) blister (cause blisters to form on) "the tight shoes and perspiration blistered her feet"
WordNet 3.0 © 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
|APA||WordNet. (2010). blister. Retrieved May 23, 2013, from http://smartdefine.org/blister/definitions/1213297|
|Chicago||WordNet. 2010. "blister" http://smartdefine.org/blister/definitions/1213297 (accessed May 23, 2013).|
|Harvard||WordNet 2010, blister, Smart Define, viewed 23 May, 2013, <http://smartdefine.org/blister/definitions/1213297>.|
|MLA||WordNet. "blister" 23 October 2010. Web. 23 May 2013. <http://smartdefine.org/blister/definitions/1213297>|