- The fluid (red in vertebrates) that is pumped through the body by the heart and contains plasma, blood cells, and platelets.
- usage: "blood carries oxygen and nutrients to the tissues and carries away waste products"; "the ancients believed that blood was the seat of the emotions"
- Temperament or disposition.
- usage: "a person of hot blood"
- A dissolute man in fashionable society.
- The descendants of one individual.
- usage: "his entire lineage has been warriors"
- People viewed as members of a group.
- usage: "we need more young blood in this organization"
- Smear with blood, as in a hunting initiation rite, where the face of a person is smeared with the blood of the kill. .
WordNet 3.0 © 2006 by Princeton University
|APA||WordNet. (2010). blood. Retrieved September 25, 2017, from http://smartdefine.org/blood/definitions/1209873|
|Chicago||WordNet. 2010. "blood" http://smartdefine.org/blood/definitions/1209873 (accessed September 25, 2017).|
|Harvard||WordNet 2010, blood, Smart Define, viewed 25 September, 2017, <http://smartdefine.org/blood/definitions/1209873>.|
|MLA||WordNet. "blood" 23 October 2010. Web. 25 September 2017. <http://smartdefine.org/blood/definitions/1209873>|