- A written work or composition that has been published (printed on pages bound together. )
- usage: "I am reading a good book on economics"
- Physical objects consisting of a number of pages bound together.
- usage: "he used a large book as a doorstop"
- synonyms: volume
- A compilation of the known facts regarding something or someone.
- usage: "Al Smith used to say, `Let's look at the record'"; "his name is in all the record books"
- A written version of a play or other dramatic composition; used in preparing for a performance.
- A record in which commercial accounts are recorded.
- usage: "they got a subpoena to examine our books"
- A collection of playing cards satisfying the rules of a card game.
- A collection of rules or prescribed standards on the basis of which decisions are made.
- usage: "they run things by the book around here"
- synonyms: rule book
- The sacred writings of Islam revealed by God to the prophet Muhammad during his life at Mecca and Medina.
- The sacred writings of the Christian religions.
- usage: "he went to carry the Word to the heathen"
- A major division of a long written composition.
- usage: "the book of Isaiah"
- A number of sheets (ticket or stamps etc.) bound together on one edge.
- usage: "he bought a book of stamps"
- Engage for a performance.
- usage: "Her agent had booked her for several concerts in Tokyo"
- Arrange for and reserve (something for someone else) in advance.
- usage: "reserve me a seat on a flight"; "The agent booked tickets to the show for the whole family"; "please hold a table at Maxim's"
- Record a charge in a police register.
- usage: "The policeman booked her when she tried to solicit a man"
- Register in a hotel booker. .
WordNet 3.0 © 2006 by Princeton University
|APA||WordNet. (2010). book. Retrieved July 28, 2017, from http://smartdefine.org/book/definitions/1201906|
|Chicago||WordNet. 2010. "book" http://smartdefine.org/book/definitions/1201906 (accessed July 28, 2017).|
|Harvard||WordNet 2010, book, Smart Define, viewed 28 July, 2017, <http://smartdefine.org/book/definitions/1201906>.|
|MLA||WordNet. "book" 23 October 2010. Web. 28 July 2017. <http://smartdefine.org/book/definitions/1201906>|