- (n.) brain, encephalon (that part of the central nervous system that includes all the higher nervous centers; enclosed within the skull; continuous with the spinal cord)
- (n.) brain, brainpower, learning ability, mental capacity, mentality, wit (mental ability) "he's got plenty of brains but no common sense"
- (n.) mind, head, brain, psyche, nous (that which is responsible for one's thoughts and feelings; the seat of the faculty of reason) "his mind wandered"; "I couldn't get his words out of my head"
- (n.) genius, mastermind, brain, brainiac, Einstein (someone who has exceptional intellectual ability and originality) "Mozart was a child genius"; "he's smart but he's no Einstein"
- (n.) brain (the brain of certain animals used as meat)
- (v.) brain (hit on the head)
- (v.) brain (kill by smashing someone's skull).
WordNet 3.0 © 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
|APA||WordNet. (2010). brain. Retrieved May 23, 2013, from http://smartdefine.org/brain/definitions/1323415|
|Chicago||WordNet. 2010. "brain" http://smartdefine.org/brain/definitions/1323415 (accessed May 23, 2013).|
|Harvard||WordNet 2010, brain, Smart Define, viewed 23 May, 2013, <http://smartdefine.org/brain/definitions/1323415>.|
|MLA||WordNet. "brain" 23 October 2010. Web. 23 May 2013. <http://smartdefine.org/brain/definitions/1323415>|