- (n.) can, tin, tin can (airtight sealed metal container for food or drink or paint etc.)
- (n.) can, canful (the quantity contained in a can)
- (n.) can, can buoy (a buoy with a round bottom and conical top)
- (n.) buttocks, nates, arse, butt, backside, bum, buns, can, fundament, hindquarters, hind end, keister, posterior, prat, rear, rear end, rump, stern, seat, tail, tail end, tooshie, tush, bottom, behind, derriere, fanny, ass (the fleshy part of the human body that you sit on) "he deserves a good kick in the butt"; "are you going to sit on your fanny and do nothing"
- (n.) toilet, can, commode, crapper, pot, potty, stool, throne (a plumbing fixture for defecation and urination)
- (n.) toilet, lavatory, lav, can, john, privy, bathroom (a room or building equipped with one or more toilets)
- (v.) can, tin, put up (preserve in a can or tin) "tinned foods are not very tasty"
- (v.) displace, fire, give notice, can, dismiss, give the axe, send away, sack, force out, give the sack, terminate (terminate the employment of; discharge from an office or position) "The boss fired his secretary today"; "The company terminated 25% of its workers"
WordNet 3.0 © 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
|APA||WordNet. (2010). can. Retrieved May 23, 2013, from http://smartdefine.org/can/definitions/1202251|
|Chicago||WordNet. 2010. "can" http://smartdefine.org/can/definitions/1202251 (accessed May 23, 2013).|
|Harvard||WordNet 2010, can, Smart Define, viewed 23 May, 2013, <http://smartdefine.org/can/definitions/1202251>.|
|MLA||WordNet. "can" 23 October 2010. Web. 23 May 2013. <http://smartdefine.org/can/definitions/1202251>|