- A fungal disease of woody plants that causes localized damage to the bark.
- An ulceration (especially of the lips or lining of the mouth.
- synonyms: canker sore
- A pernicious and malign influence that is hard to get rid of.
- usage: "racism is a pestilence at the heart of the nation"; "according to him, I was the canker in their midst"
- synonyms: pestilence
- Become infected with a canker.
- Infect with a canker. .
WordNet 3.0 © 2006 by Princeton University
|APA||WordNet. (2010). canker. Retrieved April 21, 2018, from http://smartdefine.org/canker/definitions/1325605|
|Chicago||WordNet. 2010. "canker" http://smartdefine.org/canker/definitions/1325605 (accessed April 21, 2018).|
|Harvard||WordNet 2010, canker, Smart Define, viewed 21 April, 2018, <http://smartdefine.org/canker/definitions/1325605>.|
|MLA||WordNet. "canker" 23 October 2010. Web. 21 April 2018. <http://smartdefine.org/canker/definitions/1325605>|