- Ellipse in which the two axes are of equal length; a plane curve generated by one point moving at a constant distance from a fixed point.
- usage: "he calculated the circumference of the circle"
- An unofficial association of people or groups.
- usage: "the smart set goes there"; "they were an angry lot"
- Something approximating the shape of a circle.
- usage: "the chairs were arranged in a circle"
- Movement once around a course.
- usage: "he drove an extra lap just for insurance"
- A road junction at which traffic streams circularly around a central island.
- usage: "the accident blocked all traffic at the rotary"
- Street names for flunitrazepan.
- A curved section or tier of seats in a hall or theater or opera house; usually the first tier above the orchestra.
- usage: "they had excellent seats in the dress circle"
- synonyms: dress circle
- Any circular or rotating mechanism.
- usage: "the machine punched out metal circles"
- synonyms: round
WordNet 3.0 © 2006 by Princeton University
|APA||WordNet. (2010). circle. Retrieved February 19, 2018, from http://smartdefine.org/circle/definitions/1202647|
|Chicago||WordNet. 2010. "circle" http://smartdefine.org/circle/definitions/1202647 (accessed February 19, 2018).|
|Harvard||WordNet 2010, circle, Smart Define, viewed 19 February, 2018, <http://smartdefine.org/circle/definitions/1202647>.|
|MLA||WordNet. "circle" 23 October 2010. Web. 19 February 2018. <http://smartdefine.org/circle/definitions/1202647>|