- (v.) restrict, restrain, trammel, limit, bound, confine, throttle (place limits on (extent or access)) "restrict the use of this parking lot"; "limit the time you can spend with your friends"
- (v.) limit, circumscribe, confine ()
- (v.) confine (prevent from leaving or from being removed)
- (v.) enclose, hold in, confine ()
- (v.) confine, detain (deprive of freedom; take into confinement)
- (v.) restrain, confine, hold (to close within bounds, limit or hold back from movement) "This holds the local until the express passengers change trains"; "About a dozen animals were held inside the stockade"; "The illegal immigrants were held at a detention center"; "The terrorists held the journalists for ransom"
WordNet 3.0 © 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
|APA||WordNet. (2010). confining. Retrieved May 19, 2013, from http://smartdefine.org/confining/definitions/1171199|
|Chicago||WordNet. 2010. "confining" http://smartdefine.org/confining/definitions/1171199 (accessed May 19, 2013).|
|Harvard||WordNet 2010, confining, Smart Define, viewed 19 May, 2013, <http://smartdefine.org/confining/definitions/1171199>.|
|MLA||WordNet. "confining" 23 October 2010. Web. 19 May 2013. <http://smartdefine.org/confining/definitions/1171199>|