- Close interaction.
- usage: "they kept in daily contact"; "they claimed that they had been in contact with extraterrestrial beings"
- The act of touching physically.
- usage: "her fingers came in contact with the light switch"
- synonyms: physical contact
- The state or condition of touching or of being in immediate proximity.
- usage: "litmus paper turns red on contact with an acid"
- The physical coming together of two or more things.
- usage: "contact with the pier scraped paint from the hull"
- A person who is in a position to give you special assistance.
- usage: "he used his business contacts to get an introduction to the governor"
- synonyms: middleman
- A channel for communication between groups.
- usage: "he provided a liaison with the guerrillas"
- Electronics) a junction where things (as two electrical conductors) touch or are in physical contact. (
- usage: "they forget to solder the contacts"
- synonyms: tangency
- A communicative interaction.
- usage: "the pilot made contact with the base"; "he got in touch with his colleagues"
- synonyms: touch
- A thin curved glass or plastic lens designed to fit over the cornea in order to correct vision or to deliver medication.
- synonyms: contact lens
- Be in or establish communication with.
- usage: "Our advertisements reach millions"; "He never contacted his children after he emigrated to Australia"
- Be in direct physical contact with; make contact.
- usage: "The two buildings touch"; "Their hands touched"; "The wire must not contact the metal cover"; "The surfaces contact at this point"
WordNet 3.0 © 2006 by Princeton University
|APA||WordNet. (2010). contact. Retrieved August 20, 2018, from http://smartdefine.org/contact/definitions/1188708|
|Chicago||WordNet. 2010. "contact" http://smartdefine.org/contact/definitions/1188708 (accessed August 20, 2018).|
|Harvard||WordNet 2010, contact, Smart Define, viewed 20 August, 2018, <http://smartdefine.org/contact/definitions/1188708>.|
|MLA||WordNet. "contact" 23 October 2010. Web. 20 August 2018. <http://smartdefine.org/contact/definitions/1188708>|