- (n.) cycle, rhythm, round (an interval during which a recurring sequence of events occurs) "the never-ending cycle of the seasons"
- (n.) cycle (a series of poems or songs on the same theme) "Schubert's song cycles"
- (n.) cycle (a periodically repeated sequence of events) "a cycle of reprisal and retaliation"
- (n.) hertz, Hz, cycle per second, cycles/second, cps, cycle (the unit of frequency; one hertz has a periodic interval of one second)
- (n.) cycle, oscillation (a single complete execution of a periodically repeated phenomenon) "a year constitutes a cycle of the seasons"
- (n.) bicycle, bike, wheel, cycle (a wheeled vehicle that has two wheels and is moved by foot pedals)
- (v.) cycle (cause to go through a recurring sequence) "cycle the laundry in this washing program"
- (v.) cycle (pass through a cycle) "This machine automatically cycles"
- (v.) motorbike, motorcycle, cycle (ride a motorcycle)
- (v.) bicycle, cycle, bike, pedal, wheel (ride a bicycle)
- (v.) cycle (recur in repeating sequences).
WordNet 3.0 © 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
|APA||WordNet. (2010). cycle. Retrieved May 23, 2013, from http://smartdefine.org/cycle/definitions/1219612|
|Chicago||WordNet. 2010. "cycle" http://smartdefine.org/cycle/definitions/1219612 (accessed May 23, 2013).|
|Harvard||WordNet 2010, cycle, Smart Define, viewed 23 May, 2013, <http://smartdefine.org/cycle/definitions/1219612>.|
|MLA||WordNet. "cycle" 23 October 2010. Web. 23 May 2013. <http://smartdefine.org/cycle/definitions/1219612>|