- The act of delivering or distributing something (as goods or mail. )
- usage: "his reluctant delivery of bad news"
- synonyms: bringing
- The event of giving birth.
- usage: "she had a difficult delivery"
- Your characteristic style or manner of expressing yourself orally.
- usage: "his manner of speaking was quite abrupt"; "her speech was barren of southernisms"; "I detected a slight accent in his speech"
- The voluntary transfer of something (title or possession) from one party to another.
- Baseball) the act of throwing a baseball by a pitcher to a batter.
- synonyms: pitch
- Recovery or preservation from loss or danger.
- usage: "work is the deliverance of mankind"; "a surgeon's job is the saving of lives"
- The act of delivering a child.
- synonyms: obstetrical delivery
WordNet 3.0 © 2006 by Princeton University
|APA||WordNet. (2010). delivery. Retrieved June 27, 2016, from http://smartdefine.org/delivery/definitions/1188723|
|Chicago||WordNet. 2010. "delivery" http://smartdefine.org/delivery/definitions/1188723 (accessed June 27, 2016).|
|Harvard||WordNet 2010, delivery, Smart Define, viewed 27 June, 2016, <http://smartdefine.org/delivery/definitions/1188723>.|
|MLA||WordNet. "delivery" 23 October 2010. Web. 27 June 2016. <http://smartdefine.org/delivery/definitions/1188723>|