- Establish after a calculation, investigation, experiment, survey, or study.
- usage: "find the product of two numbers"; "The physicist who found the elusive particle won the Nobel Prize"
- Shape or influence; give direction to.
- usage: "experience often determines ability"; "mold public opinion"
- Fix conclusively or authoritatively.
- usage: "set the rules"
- Decide upon or fix definitely.
- usage: "fix the variables"; "specify the parameters"
- Reach, make, or come to a decision about something.
- usage: "We finally decided after lengthy deliberations"
- Fix in scope; fix the boundaries of.
- usage: "the tree determines the border of the property"
- synonyms: determine
- Settle conclusively; come to terms.
- usage: "We finally settled the argument"
- Find out, learn, or determine with certainty, usually by making an inquiry or other effort.
- usage: "I want to see whether she speaks French"; "See whether it works"; "find out if he speaks Russian"; "Check whether the train leaves on time"
- Characterized by great determination.
- usage: "a struggle against a determined enemy"
- Having been learned or found or determined especially by investigation.
- Devoting full strength and concentrated attention to.
- usage: "made continued and determined efforts to find and destroy enemy headquarters"
- Determined or decided upon as by an authority.
- usage: "date and place are already determined"; "the dictated terms of surrender"; "the time set for the launching"
- Strongly motivated to succeed.
WordNet 3.0 © 2006 by Princeton University
|APA||WordNet. (2010). determined. Retrieved April 20, 2018, from http://smartdefine.org/determined/definitions/1172325|
|Chicago||WordNet. 2010. "determined" http://smartdefine.org/determined/definitions/1172325 (accessed April 20, 2018).|
|Harvard||WordNet 2010, determined, Smart Define, viewed 20 April, 2018, <http://smartdefine.org/determined/definitions/1172325>.|
|MLA||WordNet. "determined" 23 October 2010. Web. 20 April 2018. <http://smartdefine.org/determined/definitions/1172325>|