- A small cube with 1 to 6 spots on the six faces; used in gambling to generate random numbers.
- synonyms: dice
- A device used for shaping metal.
- A cutting tool that is fitted into a diestock and used for cutting male (external) screw threads on screws or bolts or pipes or rods.
- Pass from physical life and lose all bodily attributes and functions necessary to sustain life.
- usage: "She died from cancer"; "The children perished in the fire"; "The patient went peacefully"; "The old guy kicked the bucket at the age of 102"
- Suffer or face the pain of death.
- usage: "Martyrs may die every day for their faith"
- Be brought to or as if to the point of death by an intense emotion such as embarrassment, amusement, or shame.
- usage: "I was dying with embarrassment when my little lie was discovered"; "We almost died laughing during the show"
- Stop operating or functioning.
- usage: "The engine finally went"; "The car died on the road"; "The bus we travelled in broke down on the way to town"; "The coffee maker broke"; "The engine failed on the way to town"; "her eyesight went after the accident"
- Feel indifferent towards.
- usage: "She died to worldly things and eventually entered a monastery"
- Languish as with love or desire.
- usage: "She dying for a cigarette"; "I was dying to leave"
- Cut or shape with a die.
- usage: "Die out leather for belts"
- synonyms: die out
- To be on base at the end of an inning, of a player.
- Lose sparkle or bouquet.
- usage: "wine and beer can pall"
- Disappear or come to an end.
- usage: "Their anger died"; "My secret will die with me"
- Suffer spiritual death; be damned (in the religious sense. )
- usage: "Whosoever.. Believes in me shall never die"
WordNet 3.0 © 2006 by Princeton University
|APA||WordNet. (2010). die. Retrieved March 30, 2017, from http://smartdefine.org/die/definitions/1203331|
|Chicago||WordNet. 2010. "die" http://smartdefine.org/die/definitions/1203331 (accessed March 30, 2017).|
|Harvard||WordNet 2010, die, Smart Define, viewed 30 March, 2017, <http://smartdefine.org/die/definitions/1203331>.|
|MLA||WordNet. "die" 23 October 2010. Web. 30 March 2017. <http://smartdefine.org/die/definitions/1203331>|