- A one-piece garment for a woman; has skirt and bodice.
- synonyms: frock
- Clothing of a distinctive style or for a particular occasion.
- usage: "formal attire"; "battle dress"
- Clothing in general.
- usage: "she was refined in her choice of apparel"; "he always bought his clothes at the same store"; "fastidious about his dress"
- Put on clothes.
- usage: "we had to dress quickly"; "dress the patient"; "Can the child dress by herself"
- synonyms: get dressed
- Provide with clothes or put clothes on.
- usage: "Parents must feed and dress their child"
- Put a finish on.
- usage: "dress the surface smooth"
- Dress in a certain manner.
- usage: "She dresses in the latest Paris fashion"; "he dressed up in a suit and tie"
- synonyms: dress up
- Dress or groom with elaborate care.
- usage: "She likes to dress when going to the opera"
- Kill and prepare for market or consumption.
- usage: "dress a turkey"
- synonyms: dress out
- Arrange in ranks.
- usage: "dress troops"
- synonyms: line up
- Decorate (food), as with parsley or other ornamental foods.
- Provide with decoration.
- usage: "dress the windows"
- synonyms: decorate
- Put a dressing on.
- usage: "dress the salads"
- Cultivate, tend, and cut back the growth of.
- usage: "dress the plants in the garden"
- Cut down rough-hewn (lumber) to standard thickness and width.
- Convert into leather.
- usage: "dress the tanned skins"
- Apply a bandage or medication to.
- usage: "dress the victim's wounds"
- Give a neat appearance to.
- usage: "groom the dogs"; "dress the horses"
- Arrange attractively.
- usage: "dress my hair for the wedding"
WordNet 3.0 © 2006 by Princeton University
|APA||WordNet. (2010). dress. Retrieved February 20, 2017, from http://smartdefine.org/dress/definitions/1172890|
|Chicago||WordNet. 2010. "dress" http://smartdefine.org/dress/definitions/1172890 (accessed February 20, 2017).|
|Harvard||WordNet 2010, dress, Smart Define, viewed 20 February, 2017, <http://smartdefine.org/dress/definitions/1172890>.|
|MLA||WordNet. "dress" 23 October 2010. Web. 20 February 2017. <http://smartdefine.org/dress/definitions/1172890>|