- A terrorist organization that seeks to overthrow the government dominated by Tutsi and to institute Hutu control again.
- usage: "in 1999 ALIR guerrillas kidnapped and killed eight foreign tourists"
- Located at a great distance in time or space or degree.
- usage: "we come from a far country"; "far corners of the earth"; "the far future"; "a far journey"; "the far side of the road"; "far from the truth"; "far in the future"
- Being of a considerable distance or length.
- usage: "a far trek"
- Being the animal or vehicle on the right or being on the right side of an animal or vehicle.
- usage: "the horse on the right is the far horse"; "the right side is the far side of the horse"
- Beyond a norm in opinion or actions.
- usage: "the far right"
- To a considerable degree; very much.
- usage: "a far far better thing that I do"; "felt far worse than yesterday"; "eyes far too close together"
- At or to or from a great distance in space.
- usage: "he traveled far"; "strayed far from home"; "sat far away from each other"
- At or to a certain point or degree.
- usage: "I can only go so far before I have to give up"; "how far can we get with this kind of argument"
- Remote in time.
- usage: "if we could see far into the future"; "all that happened far in the past"
- To an advanced stage or point.
- usage: "a young man who will go very far"
WordNet 3.0 © 2006 by Princeton University
|APA||WordNet. (2010). far. Retrieved January 21, 2018, from http://smartdefine.org/far/definitions/1173916|
|Chicago||WordNet. 2010. "far" http://smartdefine.org/far/definitions/1173916 (accessed January 21, 2018).|
|Harvard||WordNet 2010, far, Smart Define, viewed 21 January, 2018, <http://smartdefine.org/far/definitions/1173916>.|
|MLA||WordNet. "far" 23 October 2010. Web. 21 January 2018. <http://smartdefine.org/far/definitions/1173916>|