- A prominent attribute or aspect of something.
- usage: "the map showed roads and other features"; "generosity is one of his best characteristics"
- synonyms: characteristic
- The characteristic parts of a person's face: eyes and nose and mouth and chin.
- usage: "an expression of pleasure crossed his features"; "his lineaments were very regular"
- synonyms: lineament
- The principal (full-length) film in a program at a movie theater.
- usage: "the feature tonight is `Casablanca'"
- synonyms: feature film
- A special or prominent article in a newspaper or magazine.
- usage: "they ran a feature on retirement planning"
- synonyms: feature article
- Linguistics) a distinctive characteristic of a linguistic unit that serves to distinguish it from other units of the same kind.
- synonyms: feature of speech
- An article of merchandise that is displayed or advertised more than other articles.
WordNet 3.0 © 2006 by Princeton University
|APA||WordNet. (2010). feature. Retrieved March 24, 2018, from http://smartdefine.org/feature/definitions/1203927|
|Chicago||WordNet. 2010. "feature" http://smartdefine.org/feature/definitions/1203927 (accessed March 24, 2018).|
|Harvard||WordNet 2010, feature, Smart Define, viewed 24 March, 2018, <http://smartdefine.org/feature/definitions/1203927>.|
|MLA||WordNet. "feature" 23 October 2010. Web. 24 March 2018. <http://smartdefine.org/feature/definitions/1203927>|