- (n.) crack, fling, go, pass, whirl, offer (a usually brief attempt) "he took a crack at it"; "I gave it a whirl"
- (n.) spree, fling (a brief indulgence of your impulses)
- (n.) fling (the act of flinging)
- (v.) fling (throw with force or recklessness) "fling the frisbee"
- (v.) fling (move in an abrupt or headlong manner) "He flung himself onto the sofa"
- (v.) splurge, fling (indulge oneself) "I splurged on a new TV"
- (v.) discard, fling, toss, toss out, toss away, chuck out, cast aside, dispose, throw out, cast out, throw away, cast away, put away (throw or cast away) "Put away your worries"
WordNet 3.0 © 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
|APA||WordNet. (2010). fling. Retrieved May 26, 2013, from http://smartdefine.org/fling/definitions/1189005|
|Chicago||WordNet. 2010. "fling" http://smartdefine.org/fling/definitions/1189005 (accessed May 26, 2013).|
|Harvard||WordNet 2010, fling, Smart Define, viewed 26 May, 2013, <http://smartdefine.org/fling/definitions/1189005>.|
|MLA||WordNet. "fling" 23 October 2010. Web. 26 May 2013. <http://smartdefine.org/fling/definitions/1189005>|