- A person you know well and regard with affection and trust.
- usage: "he was my best friend at the university"
- An associate who provides cooperation or assistance.
- usage: "he's a good ally in fight"
- synonyms: ally
- A person with whom you are acquainted.
- usage: "I have trouble remembering the names of all my acquaintances"; "we are friends of the family"
- synonyms: acquaintance
- A person who backs a politician or a team etc..
- usage: "all their supporters came out for the game"; "they are friends of the library"
- A member of the Religious Society of Friends founded by George Fox (the Friends have never called themselves Quakers. ).
- synonyms: Quaker
WordNet 3.0 © 2006 by Princeton University
|APA||WordNet. (2010). friend. Retrieved September 25, 2017, from http://smartdefine.org/friend/definitions/1228382|
|Chicago||WordNet. 2010. "friend" http://smartdefine.org/friend/definitions/1228382 (accessed September 25, 2017).|
|Harvard||WordNet 2010, friend, Smart Define, viewed 25 September, 2017, <http://smartdefine.org/friend/definitions/1228382>.|
|MLA||WordNet. "friend" 23 October 2010. Web. 25 September 2017. <http://smartdefine.org/friend/definitions/1228382>|