- (n.) guess, guesswork, guessing, shot, dead reckoning (an estimate based on little or no information)
- (v.) think, opine, suppose, imagine, reckon, guess (expect, believe, or suppose) "I imagine she earned a lot of money with her new novel"; "I thought to find her in a bad state"; "he didn't think to find her in the kitchen"; "I guess she is angry at me for standing her up"
- (v.) guess, venture, pretend, hazard (put forward, of a guess, in spite of possible refutation) "I am guessing that the price of real estate will rise again"; "I cannot pretend to say that you are wrong"
- (v.) estimate, gauge, approximate, guess, judge (judge tentatively or form an estimate of (quantities or time)) "I estimate this chicken to weigh three pounds"
- (v.) guess, infer (guess correctly; solve by guessing) "He guessed the right number of beans in the jar and won the prize"
WordNet 3.0 © 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
|APA||WordNet. (2010). guessing. Retrieved May 20, 2013, from http://smartdefine.org/guessing/definitions/1283396|
|Chicago||WordNet. 2010. "guessing" http://smartdefine.org/guessing/definitions/1283396 (accessed May 20, 2013).|
|Harvard||WordNet 2010, guessing, Smart Define, viewed 20 May, 2013, <http://smartdefine.org/guessing/definitions/1283396>.|
|MLA||WordNet. "guessing" 23 October 2010. Web. 20 May 2013. <http://smartdefine.org/guessing/definitions/1283396>|