- A light curved skeleton to spread out a skirt.
- A rigid circular band of metal or wood or other material used for holding or fastening or hanging or pulling.
- usage: "there was still a rusty iron hoop for tying a horse"
- synonyms: ring
- A small arch used as croquet equipment.
- synonyms: wicket
- Horizontal circular metal hoop supporting a net through which players try to throw the basketball.
- Bind or fasten with a hoop.
- usage: "hoop vats"
WordNet 3.0 © 2006 by Princeton University
|APA||WordNet. (2010). hoop. Retrieved August 20, 2018, from http://smartdefine.org/hoop/definitions/1204888|
|Chicago||WordNet. 2010. "hoop" http://smartdefine.org/hoop/definitions/1204888 (accessed August 20, 2018).|
|Harvard||WordNet 2010, hoop, Smart Define, viewed 20 August, 2018, <http://smartdefine.org/hoop/definitions/1204888>.|
|MLA||WordNet. "hoop" 23 October 2010. Web. 20 August 2018. <http://smartdefine.org/hoop/definitions/1204888>|