- (n.) addition, increase, gain (a quantity that is added) "there was an addition to property taxes this year"; "they recorded the cattle's gain in weight over a period of weeks"
- (n.) increase (a change resulting in an increase) "the increase is scheduled for next month"
- (n.) increase, increment, growth (a process of becoming larger or longer or more numerous or more important) "the increase in unemployment"; "the growth of population"
- (n.) increase, increment (the amount by which something increases) "they proposed an increase of 15 percent in the fare"
- (n.) increase, step-up (the act of increasing something) "he gave me an increase in salary"
- (v.) increase (become bigger or greater in amount) "The amount of work increased"
- (v.) increase (make bigger or more) "The boss finally increased her salary"; "The university increased the number of students it admitted"
WordNet 3.0 © 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
|APA||WordNet. (2010). increase. Retrieved June 19, 2013, from http://smartdefine.org/increase/definitions/1190171|
|Chicago||WordNet. 2010. "increase" http://smartdefine.org/increase/definitions/1190171 (accessed June 19, 2013).|
|Harvard||WordNet 2010, increase, Smart Define, viewed 19 June, 2013, <http://smartdefine.org/increase/definitions/1190171>.|
|MLA||WordNet. "increase" 23 October 2010. Web. 19 June 2013. <http://smartdefine.org/increase/definitions/1190171>|