- An important question that is in dispute and must be settled.
- usage: "the issue could be settled by requiring public education for everyone"; "politicians never discuss the real issues"
- One of a series published periodically.
- usage: "she found an old issue of the magazine in her dentist's waiting room"
- synonyms: number
- Some situation or event that is thought about.
- usage: "he kept drifting off the topic"; "he had been thinking about the subject for several years"; "it is a matter for the police"
- The act of providing an item for general use or for official purposes (usually in quantity. )
- usage: "a new issue of stamps"; "the last issue of penicillin was over a month ago"
- Supplies (as food or clothing or ammunition) issued by the government.
- The income or profit arising from such transactions as the sale of land or other property.
- usage: "the average return was about 5"
- A phenomenon that follows and is caused by some previous phenomenon.
- usage: "the magnetic effect was greater when the rod was lengthwise"; "his decision had depressing consequences for business"; "he acted very wise after the event"
- The immediate descendants of a person.
- usage: "she was the mother of many offspring"; "he died without issue"
- The becoming visible.
- usage: "not a day's difference between the emergence of the andrenas and the opening of the willow catkins"
- An opening that permits escape or release.
- usage: "he blocked the way out"; "the canyon had only one issue"
- The act of issuing printed materials.
- synonyms: publication
- Prepare and issue for public distribution or sale.
- usage: "publish a magazine or newspaper"
- Circulate or distribute or equip with.
- usage: "issue a new uniform to the children"; "supply blankets for the beds"
- synonyms: supply
- Bring out an official document (such as a warrant. )
- Come out of.
- usage: "Water issued from the hole in the wall"; "The words seemed to come out by themselves"
- Make out and issue.
- usage: "write out a check"; "cut a ticket"; "Please make the check out to me"
WordNet 3.0 © 2006 by Princeton University
|APA||WordNet. (2010). issue. Retrieved November 20, 2017, from http://smartdefine.org/issue/definitions/1322121|
|Chicago||WordNet. 2010. "issue" http://smartdefine.org/issue/definitions/1322121 (accessed November 20, 2017).|
|Harvard||WordNet 2010, issue, Smart Define, viewed 20 November, 2017, <http://smartdefine.org/issue/definitions/1322121>.|
|MLA||WordNet. "issue" 23 October 2010. Web. 20 November 2017. <http://smartdefine.org/issue/definitions/1322121>|