- A string of more than 3, 000 islands to the east of Asia extending 1, 300 miles between the Sea of Japan and the western Pacific Ocean.
- A constitutional monarchy occupying the Japanese Archipelago; a world leader in electronics and automobile manufacture and ship building.
- Lacquerware decorated and varnished in the Japanese manner with a glossy durable black lacquer.
- Lacquer with a durable glossy black finish, originally from the orient.
- Coat with a lacquer, as done in Japan. .
WordNet 3.0 © 2006 by Princeton University
|APA||WordNet. (2010). japan. Retrieved January 21, 2018, from http://smartdefine.org/japan/definitions/1225453|
|Chicago||WordNet. 2010. "japan" http://smartdefine.org/japan/definitions/1225453 (accessed January 21, 2018).|
|Harvard||WordNet 2010, japan, Smart Define, viewed 21 January, 2018, <http://smartdefine.org/japan/definitions/1225453>.|
|MLA||WordNet. "japan" 23 October 2010. Web. 21 January 2018. <http://smartdefine.org/japan/definitions/1225453>|