- The shape or manner in which things come together and a connection is made.
- A set containing all and only the members of two or more given sets.
- usage: "let C be the union of the sets A and B"
- Become part of; become a member of a group or organization.
- usage: "He joined the Communist Party as a young man"
- Cause to become joined or linked.
- usage: "join these two parts so that they fit together"
- synonyms: bring together
- Come into the company of.
- usage: "She joined him for a drink"
- Make contact or come together.
- usage: "The two roads join here"
- synonyms: conjoin
- Be or become joined or united or linked.
- usage: "The two streets connect to become a highway"; "Our paths joined"; "The travelers linked up again at the airport"
WordNet 3.0 © 2006 by Princeton University
|APA||WordNet. (2010). join. Retrieved August 17, 2017, from http://smartdefine.org/join/definitions/1288790|
|Chicago||WordNet. 2010. "join" http://smartdefine.org/join/definitions/1288790 (accessed August 17, 2017).|
|Harvard||WordNet 2010, join, Smart Define, viewed 17 August, 2017, <http://smartdefine.org/join/definitions/1288790>.|
|MLA||WordNet. "join" 23 October 2010. Web. 17 August 2017. <http://smartdefine.org/join/definitions/1288790>|