- (v.) legalize, legalise, decriminalize, decriminalise, legitimize, legitimise, legitimate, legitimatize, legitimatise (make legal) "Marijuana should be legalized"
- (v.) legitimate (show or affirm to be just and legitimate)
- (v.) legitimate (make (an illegitimate child) legitimate; declare the legitimacy of (someone)) "They legitimized their natural child"
- (adj.) legitimate (of marriages and offspring; recognized as lawful)
- (adj.) legitimate, logical (based on known statements or events or conditions) "rain was a logical expectation, given the time of year"
- (adj.) legitimate (in accordance with recognized or accepted standards or principles) "legitimate advertising practices"
- (adj.) lawful, legitimate, licit (authorized, sanctioned by, or in accordance with law) "a legitimate government"
WordNet 3.0 © 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
|APA||WordNet. (2010). legitimate. Retrieved May 22, 2013, from http://smartdefine.org/legitimate/definitions/1177454|
|Chicago||WordNet. 2010. "legitimate" http://smartdefine.org/legitimate/definitions/1177454 (accessed May 22, 2013).|
|Harvard||WordNet 2010, legitimate, Smart Define, viewed 22 May, 2013, <http://smartdefine.org/legitimate/definitions/1177454>.|
|MLA||WordNet. "legitimate" 23 October 2010. Web. 22 May 2013. <http://smartdefine.org/legitimate/definitions/1177454>|