- A position on a scale of intensity or amount or quality.
- usage: "a moderate grade of intelligence"; "a high level of care is required"; "it is all a matter of degree"
- A relative position or degree of value in a graded group.
- usage: "lumber of the highest grade"
- A specific identifiable position in a continuum or series or especially in a process.
- usage: "a remarkable degree of frankness"; "at what stage are the social sciences"
- Height above ground.
- usage: "the water reached ankle level"; "the pictures were at the same level"
- Indicator that establishes the horizontal when a bubble is centered in a tube of liquid.
- synonyms: spirit level
- A flat surface at right angles to a plumb line.
- usage: "park the car on the level"
- synonyms: horizontal surface
- An abstract place usually conceived as having depth.
- usage: "a good actor communicates on several levels"; "a simile has at least two layers of meaning"; "the mind functions on many strata simultaneously"
- A structure consisting of a room or set of rooms at a single position along a vertical scale.
- usage: "what level is the office on"
- Aim at.
- usage: "level criticism or charges at somebody"
- Tear down so as to make flat with the ground.
- usage: "The building was levelled"
- Make level or straight.
- usage: "level the ground"
- Direct into a position for use.
- usage: "point a gun"; "He charged his weapon at me"
- Talk frankly with; lay it on the line.
- usage: "I have to level with you"
- Become level or even.
- usage: "The ground levelled off"
- synonyms: level off
- Having a surface without slope, tilt in which no part is higher or lower than another.
- usage: "a flat desk"; "acres of level farmland"; "a plane surface"; "skirts sewn with fine flat seams"
- Not showing abrupt variations."spoke in a level voice"; "she gave him a level look- Louis Auchincloss
- synonyms: unwavering
- Being on a precise horizontal plane.
- usage: "a billiard table must be level"
- Oriented at right angles to the plumb.
- usage: "the picture is level"
- Of the score in a contest.
- usage: "the score is tied"
WordNet 3.0 © 2006 by Princeton University
|APA||WordNet. (2010). level. Retrieved May 22, 2018, from http://smartdefine.org/level/definitions/1177500|
|Chicago||WordNet. 2010. "level" http://smartdefine.org/level/definitions/1177500 (accessed May 22, 2018).|
|Harvard||WordNet 2010, level, Smart Define, viewed 22 May, 2018, <http://smartdefine.org/level/definitions/1177500>.|
|MLA||WordNet. "level" 23 October 2010. Web. 22 May 2018. <http://smartdefine.org/level/definitions/1177500>|