- A statement that deviates from or perverts the truth.
- synonyms: prevarication
- Norwegian diplomat who was the first Secretary General of the United Nations (1896-1968.
- Position or manner in which something is situated.
- Be located or situated somewhere; occupy a certain position.
- Be lying, be prostrate; be in a horizontal position.
- usage: "The sick man lay in bed all day"; "the books are lying on the shelf"
- Originate (in. )
- usage: "The problems dwell in the social injustices in this country"
- Be and remain in a particular state or condition.
- usage: "lie dormant"
- Tell an untruth; pretend with intent to deceive.
- usage: "Don't lie to your parents"; "She lied when she told me she was only 29"
- Have a place in relation to something else.
- usage: "The fate of Bosnia lies in the hands of the West"; "The responsibility rests with the Allies"
- synonyms: rest
- Assume a reclining position.
- usage: "lie down on the bed until you feel better"
- synonyms: lie down
WordNet 3.0 © 2006 by Princeton University
|APA||WordNet. (2010). lie. Retrieved July 17, 2018, from http://smartdefine.org/lie/definitions/1234229|
|Chicago||WordNet. 2010. "lie" http://smartdefine.org/lie/definitions/1234229 (accessed July 17, 2018).|
|Harvard||WordNet 2010, lie, Smart Define, viewed 17 July, 2018, <http://smartdefine.org/lie/definitions/1234229>.|
|MLA||WordNet. "lie" 23 October 2010. Web. 17 July 2018. <http://smartdefine.org/lie/definitions/1234229>|