- A feeling of joy and pride.
- The property of being comparatively small in weight.
- usage: "the lightness of balsa wood"
- synonyms: weightlessness
- The gracefulness of a person or animal that is quick and nimble.
- Having a light color.
- The visual effect of illumination on objects or scenes as created in pictures.
- usage: "he could paint the lightest light and the darkest dark"
- synonyms: light
- The trait of being lighthearted and frivolous.
- synonyms: lightsomeness
WordNet 3.0 © 2006 by Princeton University
|APA||WordNet. (2010). lightness. Retrieved December 13, 2017, from http://smartdefine.org/lightness/definitions/1211191|
|Chicago||WordNet. 2010. "lightness" http://smartdefine.org/lightness/definitions/1211191 (accessed December 13, 2017).|
|Harvard||WordNet 2010, lightness, Smart Define, viewed 13 December, 2017, <http://smartdefine.org/lightness/definitions/1211191>.|
|MLA||WordNet. "lightness" 23 October 2010. Web. 13 December 2017. <http://smartdefine.org/lightness/definitions/1211191>|