- The feelings expressed on a person's face.
- usage: "a sad expression"; "a look of triumph"; "an angry face"
- The act of directing the eyes toward something and perceiving it visually.
- usage: "he went out to have a look"; "his look was fixed on her eyes"; "he gave it a good looking at"; "his camera does his looking for him"
- Physical appearance.
- usage: "I don't like the looks of this place"
- The general atmosphere of a place or situation and the effect that it has on people.
- usage: "the feel of the city excited him"; "a clergyman improved the tone of the meeting"; "it had the smell of treason"
- Perceive with attention; direct one's gaze towards.
- usage: "She looked over the expanse of land"; "Look at your child"; "Look-a deer in the backyard"
- Give a certain impression or have a certain outward aspect.
- usage: "She seems to be sleeping"; "This appears to be a very difficult problem"; "This project looks fishy"; "They appeared like people who had not eaten or slept for a long time"
- Have a certain outward or facial expression.
- usage: "How does she look"; "The child looks unhappy"; "She looked pale after the surgery"
- Search or seek.
- usage: "We looked all day and finally found the child in the forest"; "Look elsewhere for the perfect gift"
- synonyms: search
- Be oriented in a certain direction, often with respect to another reference point; be opposite to.
- usage: "The house looks north"; "My backyard look onto the pond"; "The building faces the park"
- Take charge of or deal with.
- usage: "Could you see about lunch"; "I must attend to this matter"; "She took care of this business"
- Convey by one's expression.
- usage: "She looked her devotion to me"
- Look forward to the probable occurrence of.
- usage: "We were expecting a visit from our relatives"; "She is looking to a promotion"; "he is waiting to be drafted"
- Accord in appearance with.
- usage: "You don't look your age"
- Have faith or confidence in.
- usage: "you can count on me to help you any time"; "Look to your friends for support"; "You can bet on that"; "Depend on your family in times of crisis"
WordNet 3.0 © 2006 by Princeton University
|APA||WordNet. (2010). look. Retrieved April 26, 2018, from http://smartdefine.org/look/definitions/1192475|
|Chicago||WordNet. 2010. "look" http://smartdefine.org/look/definitions/1192475 (accessed April 26, 2018).|
|Harvard||WordNet 2010, look, Smart Define, viewed 26 April, 2018, <http://smartdefine.org/look/definitions/1192475>.|
|MLA||WordNet. "look" 23 October 2010. Web. 26 April 2018. <http://smartdefine.org/look/definitions/1192475>|