- (n.) matrix ((mathematics) a rectangular array of quantities or expressions set out by rows and columns; treated as a single element and manipulated according to rules)
- (n.) matrix ((geology) amass of fine-grained rock in which fossils, crystals, or gems are embedded)
- (n.) matrix (an enclosure within which something originates or develops (from the Latin for womb))
- (n.) matrix, intercellular substance, ground substance (the body substance in which tissue cells are embedded)
- (n.) matrix (the formative tissue at the base of a nail)
- (n.) matrix (mold used in the production of phonograph records, type, or other relief surface).
WordNet 3.0 © 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
|APA||WordNet. (2010). matrix. Retrieved May 19, 2013, from http://smartdefine.org/matrix/definitions/1205814|
|Chicago||WordNet. 2010. "matrix" http://smartdefine.org/matrix/definitions/1205814 (accessed May 19, 2013).|
|Harvard||WordNet 2010, matrix, Smart Define, viewed 19 May, 2013, <http://smartdefine.org/matrix/definitions/1205814>.|
|MLA||WordNet. "matrix" 23 October 2010. Web. 19 May 2013. <http://smartdefine.org/matrix/definitions/1205814>|