- (n.) internet, net, cyberspace (a computer network consisting of a worldwide network of computer networks that use the TCP/IP network protocols to facilitate data transmission and exchange)
- (n.) net (a trap made of netting to catch fish or birds or insects)
- (n.) net income, net, net profit, lucre, profit, profits, earnings (the excess of revenues over outlays in a given period of time (including depreciation and other non-cash expenses))
- (n.) net (a goal lined with netting (as in soccer or hockey))
- (n.) net (game equipment consisting of a strip of netting dividing the playing area in tennis or badminton)
- (n.) net, network, mesh, meshing, meshwork (an open fabric of string or rope or wire woven together at regular intervals)
- (v.) net, sack, sack up, clear (make as a net profit) "The company cleared $1 million"
- (v.) net, clear (yield as a net profit) "This sale netted me $1 million"
- (v.) web, net (construct or form a web, as if by weaving)
- (v.) net, nett (catch with a net) "net a fish"
WordNet 3.0 © 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
|APA||WordNet. (2010). net. Retrieved May 18, 2013, from http://smartdefine.org/net/definitions/1179053|
|Chicago||WordNet. 2010. "net" http://smartdefine.org/net/definitions/1179053 (accessed May 18, 2013).|
|Harvard||WordNet 2010, net, Smart Define, viewed 18 May, 2013, <http://smartdefine.org/net/definitions/1179053>.|
|MLA||WordNet. "net" 23 October 2010. Web. 18 May 2013. <http://smartdefine.org/net/definitions/1179053>|