- A computer network consisting of a worldwide network of computer networks that use the TCP/IP network protocols to facilitate data transmission and exchange.
- A trap made of netting to catch fish or birds or insects.
- The excess of revenues over outlays in a given period of time (including depreciation and other non-cash expenses.
- A goal lined with netting (as in soccer or hockey. )
- Game equipment consisting of a strip of netting dividing the playing area in tennis or badminton.
- An open fabric of string or rope or wire woven together at regular intervals.
- Make as a net profit.
- usage: "The company cleared $1 million"
- Yield as a net profit.
- usage: "This sale netted me $1 million"
- synonyms: clear
- Construct or form a web, as if by weaving.
- synonyms: web
- Catch with a net.
- usage: "net a fish"
- synonyms: nett
WordNet 3.0 © 2006 by Princeton University
|APA||WordNet. (2010). net. Retrieved August 17, 2018, from http://smartdefine.org/net/definitions/1179053|
|Chicago||WordNet. 2010. "net" http://smartdefine.org/net/definitions/1179053 (accessed August 17, 2018).|
|Harvard||WordNet 2010, net, Smart Define, viewed 17 August, 2018, <http://smartdefine.org/net/definitions/1179053>.|
|MLA||WordNet. "net" 23 October 2010. Web. 17 August 2018. <http://smartdefine.org/net/definitions/1179053>|