- An interconnected system of things or people.
- usage: "he owned a network of shops"; "retirement meant dropping out of a whole network of people who had been part of my life"; "tangled in a web of cloth"
- synonyms: web
- Broadcasting) a communication system consisting of a group of broadcasting stations that all transmit the same programs. (
- usage: "the networks compete to broadcast important sports events"
- An open fabric of string or rope or wire woven together at regular intervals.
- A system of intersecting lines or channels.
- usage: "a railroad network"; "a network of canals"
- Electronics) a system of interconnected electronic components or circuits.
- synonyms: electronic network
- Communicate with and within a group.
- usage: "You have to network if you want to get a good job"
WordNet 3.0 © 2006 by Princeton University
|APA||WordNet. (2010). network. Retrieved April 24, 2018, from http://smartdefine.org/network/definitions/1206209|
|Chicago||WordNet. 2010. "network" http://smartdefine.org/network/definitions/1206209 (accessed April 24, 2018).|
|Harvard||WordNet 2010, network, Smart Define, viewed 24 April, 2018, <http://smartdefine.org/network/definitions/1206209>.|
|MLA||WordNet. "network" 23 October 2010. Web. 24 April 2018. <http://smartdefine.org/network/definitions/1206209>|