- (n.) offer, offering (the verbal act of offering) "a generous offer of assistance"
- (n.) offer, offering (something offered (as a proposal or bid)) "noteworthy new offerings for investors included several index funds"
- (n.) crack, fling, go, pass, whirl, offer (a usually brief attempt) "he took a crack at it"; "I gave it a whirl"
- (v.) offer (make available or accessible, provide or furnish) "The conference center offers a health spa"; "The hotel offers private meeting rooms"
- (v.) offer, proffer (present for acceptance or rejection) "She offered us all a cold drink"
- (v.) volunteer, offer (agree freely) "She volunteered to drive the old lady home"; "I offered to help with the dishes but the hostess would not hear of it"
- (v.) offer (put forward for consideration) "He offered his opinion"
- (v.) offer, extend (offer verbally) "extend my greetings"; "He offered his sympathy"
- (v.) offer (make available for sale) "The stores are offering specials on sweaters this week"
- (v.) offer, bid, tender (propose a payment) "The Swiss dealer offered $2 million for the painting"
- (v.) offer (produce or introduce on the stage) "The Shakespeare Company is offering `King Lear' this month"
- (v.) offer, offer up (present as an act of worship) "offer prayers to the gods"
- (v.) put up, provide, offer (mount or put up) "put up a good fight"; "offer resistance"
- (v.) extend, offer (make available; provide) "extend a loan"; "The bank offers a good deal on new mortgages"
- (v.) propose, declare oneself, offer, pop the question (ask (someone) to marry you) "he popped the question on Sunday night"; "she proposed marriage to the man she had known for only two months"; "The old bachelor finally declared himself to the young woman"
- (v.) offer (threaten to do something) "I offered to leave the committee if they did not accept my proposal"
WordNet 3.0 © 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
|APA||WordNet. (2010). offer. Retrieved May 20, 2013, from http://smartdefine.org/offer/definitions/1219122|
|Chicago||WordNet. 2010. "offer" http://smartdefine.org/offer/definitions/1219122 (accessed May 20, 2013).|
|Harvard||WordNet 2010, offer, Smart Define, viewed 20 May, 2013, <http://smartdefine.org/offer/definitions/1219122>.|
|MLA||WordNet. "offer" 23 October 2010. Web. 20 May 2013. <http://smartdefine.org/offer/definitions/1219122>|