- Something owned; any tangible or intangible possession that is owned by someone.
- usage: "that hat is my property"; "he is a man of property";
- A basic or essential attribute shared by all members of a class.
- usage: "a study of the physical properties of atomic particles"
- Any area set aside for a particular purpose.
- usage: "who owns this place"; "the president was concerned about the property across from the White House"
- synonyms: place
- A construct whereby objects or individuals can be distinguished.
- usage: "self-confidence is not an endearing property"
- Any movable articles or objects used on the set of a play or movie.
- usage: "before every scene he ran down his checklist of props"
- synonyms: prop
WordNet 3.0 © 2006 by Princeton University
|APA||WordNet. (2010). property. Retrieved October 18, 2018, from http://smartdefine.org/property/definitions/1207090|
|Chicago||WordNet. 2010. "property" http://smartdefine.org/property/definitions/1207090 (accessed October 18, 2018).|
|Harvard||WordNet 2010, property, Smart Define, viewed 18 October, 2018, <http://smartdefine.org/property/definitions/1207090>.|
|MLA||WordNet. "property" 23 October 2010. Web. 18 October 2018. <http://smartdefine.org/property/definitions/1207090>|