- Any competition.
- usage: "the race for the presidency"
- A contest of speed.
- usage: "the race is to the swift"
- People who are believed to belong to the same genetic stock.
- usage: "some biologists doubt that there are important genetic differences between races of human beings"
- Biology) a taxonomic group that is a division of a species; usually arises as a consequence of geographical isolation within a species.
- synonyms: subspecies
- The flow of air that is driven backwards by an aircraft propeller.
- A canal for a current of water.
- synonyms: raceway
- Move fast.
- usage: "He rushed down the hall to receive his guests"; "The cars raced down the street"
- Compete in a race.
- usage: "he is running the Marathon this year"; "let's race and see who gets there first"
- synonyms: run
- To work as fast as possible towards a goal, sometimes in competition with others.
- usage: "We are racing to find a cure for AIDS"
- Cause to move fast or to rush or race.
- usage: "The psychologist raced the rats through a long maze"
- synonyms: rush
WordNet 3.0 © 2006 by Princeton University
|APA||WordNet. (2010). race. Retrieved January 21, 2018, from http://smartdefine.org/race/definitions/1219945|
|Chicago||WordNet. 2010. "race" http://smartdefine.org/race/definitions/1219945 (accessed January 21, 2018).|
|Harvard||WordNet 2010, race, Smart Define, viewed 21 January, 2018, <http://smartdefine.org/race/definitions/1219945>.|
|MLA||WordNet. "race" 23 October 2010. Web. 21 January 2018. <http://smartdefine.org/race/definitions/1219945>|