- The social force that binds you to the courses of action demanded by that force."we must instill a sense of duty in our children"; "every right implies a responsibility; every opportunity, an obligation; every possession, a duty- John D. Rockefeller Jr
- The proper sphere or extent of your activities.
- usage: "it was his province to take care of himself"
- synonyms: province
- A form of trustworthiness; the trait of being answerable to someone for something or being responsible for one's conduct.
- usage: "he holds a position of great responsibility"
- synonyms: responsibleness
WordNet 3.0 © 2006 by Princeton University
|APA||WordNet. (2010). responsibility. Retrieved June 23, 2017, from http://smartdefine.org/responsibility/definitions/1210040|
|Chicago||WordNet. 2010. "responsibility" http://smartdefine.org/responsibility/definitions/1210040 (accessed June 23, 2017).|
|Harvard||WordNet 2010, responsibility, Smart Define, viewed 23 June, 2017, <http://smartdefine.org/responsibility/definitions/1210040>.|
|MLA||WordNet. "responsibility" 23 October 2010. Web. 23 June 2017. <http://smartdefine.org/responsibility/definitions/1210040>|