- A soft white precious univalent metallic element having the highest electrical and thermal conductivity of any metal; occurs in argentite and in free form; used in coins and jewelry and tableware and photography.
- Coins made of silver.
- A light shade of grey.
- Silverware eating utensils.
- synonyms: flatware
- A trophy made of silver (or having the appearance of silver) that is usually awarded for winning second place in a competition.
- synonyms: silver medal
- Coat with a layer of silver or a silver amalgam.
- usage: "silver the necklace"
- Make silver in color.
- usage: "Her worries had silvered her hair"
- Turn silver.
- usage: "The man's hair silvered very attractively"
- Made from or largely consisting of silver.
- usage: "silver bracelets"
- Having the white lustrous sheen of silver.
- usage: "a land of silver (or silvern) rivers where the salmon leap"; "repeated scrubbings have given the wood a silvery sheen"
- Of lustrous grey; covered with or tinged with the color of silver.
- usage: "silvery hair"
- Expressing yourself readily, clearly, effectively.
- usage: "able to dazzle with his facile tongue"; "silver speech"
WordNet 3.0 © 2006 by Princeton University
|APA||WordNet. (2010). silver. Retrieved November 18, 2017, from http://smartdefine.org/silver/definitions/1183546|
|Chicago||WordNet. 2010. "silver" http://smartdefine.org/silver/definitions/1183546 (accessed November 18, 2017).|
|Harvard||WordNet 2010, silver, Smart Define, viewed 18 November, 2017, <http://smartdefine.org/silver/definitions/1183546>.|
|MLA||WordNet. "silver" 23 October 2010. Web. 18 November 2017. <http://smartdefine.org/silver/definitions/1183546>|