- A female person who has the same parents as another person.
- usage: "my sister married a musician"
- synonyms: sis
- Roman Catholic Church. ( a title given to a nun (and used as a form of address))
- usage: "the Sisters taught her to love God"
- A female person who is a fellow member of a sorority or labor union or other group.
- usage: "none of her sisters would betray her"
- Slang) sometimes used as a term of address for attractive young women. (.
WordNet 3.0 © 2006 by Princeton University
|APA||WordNet. (2010). sister. Retrieved March 24, 2018, from http://smartdefine.org/sister/definitions/1232141|
|Chicago||WordNet. 2010. "sister" http://smartdefine.org/sister/definitions/1232141 (accessed March 24, 2018).|
|Harvard||WordNet 2010, sister, Smart Define, viewed 24 March, 2018, <http://smartdefine.org/sister/definitions/1232141>.|
|MLA||WordNet. "sister" 23 October 2010. Web. 24 March 2018. <http://smartdefine.org/sister/definitions/1232141>|