- Specify as a condition or requirement in a contract or agreement; make an express demand or provision in an agreement.
- usage: "The will stipulates that she can live in the house for the rest of her life"; "The contract stipulates the dates of the payments"
- Decide upon or fix definitely.
- usage: "fix the variables"; "specify the parameters"
- Determine the essential quality of.
- Be specific about.
- usage: "Could you please specify your criticism of my paper"
- Define clearly.
- usage: "I cannot narrow down the rules for this game"
- Design or destine.
- usage: "She was intended to become the director"
- Select something or someone for a specific purpose.
- usage: "The teacher assigned him to lead his classmates in the exercise"
WordNet 3.0 © 2006 by Princeton University
|APA||WordNet. (2010). specify. Retrieved September 24, 2017, from http://smartdefine.org/specify/definitions/1312175|
|Chicago||WordNet. 2010. "specify" http://smartdefine.org/specify/definitions/1312175 (accessed September 24, 2017).|
|Harvard||WordNet 2010, specify, Smart Define, viewed 24 September, 2017, <http://smartdefine.org/specify/definitions/1312175>.|
|MLA||WordNet. "specify" 23 October 2010. Web. 24 September 2017. <http://smartdefine.org/specify/definitions/1312175>|