- Distance travelled per unit time.
- synonyms: velocity
- A rate (usually rapid) at which something happens.
- usage: "the project advanced with gratifying speed"
- Changing location rapidly.
- The ratio of the focal length to the diameter of a (camera) lens system.
- A central nervous system stimulant that increases energy and decreases appetite; used to treat narcolepsy and some forms of depression.
- Move fast.
- usage: "He rushed down the hall to receive his guests"; "The cars raced down the street"
- Move faster.
- usage: "The car accelerated"
- Move very fast.
- usage: "The runner zipped past us at breakneck speed"
- Travel at an excessive or illegal velocity.
- usage: "I got a ticket for speeding"
- Cause to move faster.
- usage: "He accelerated the car"
WordNet 3.0 © 2006 by Princeton University
|APA||WordNet. (2010). speed. Retrieved May 28, 2017, from http://smartdefine.org/speed/definitions/1190040|
|Chicago||WordNet. 2010. "speed" http://smartdefine.org/speed/definitions/1190040 (accessed May 28, 2017).|
|Harvard||WordNet 2010, speed, Smart Define, viewed 28 May, 2017, <http://smartdefine.org/speed/definitions/1190040>.|
|MLA||WordNet. "speed" 23 October 2010. Web. 28 May 2017. <http://smartdefine.org/speed/definitions/1190040>|