- A narrow strip of land that juts out into the sea.
- synonyms: tongue
- A clear liquid secreted into the mouth by the salivary glands and mucous glands of the mouth; moistens the mouth and starts the digestion of starches.
- A skewer for holding meat over a fire.
- The act of spitting (forcefully expelling saliva.
- Expel or eject (saliva or phlegm or sputum) from the mouth.
- usage: "The father of the victim spat at the alleged murderer"
- Utter with anger or contempt.
- synonyms: spit out
- Rain gently.
- usage: "It has only sprinkled, but the roads are slick"
- Drive a skewer through.
- usage: "skewer the meat for the BBQ"
- synonyms: skewer
WordNet 3.0 © 2006 by Princeton University
|APA||WordNet. (2010). spit. Retrieved May 26, 2018, from http://smartdefine.org/spit/definitions/1189072|
|Chicago||WordNet. 2010. "spit" http://smartdefine.org/spit/definitions/1189072 (accessed May 26, 2018).|
|Harvard||WordNet 2010, spit, Smart Define, viewed 26 May, 2018, <http://smartdefine.org/spit/definitions/1189072>.|
|MLA||WordNet. "spit" 23 October 2010. Web. 26 May 2018. <http://smartdefine.org/spit/definitions/1189072>|