- (n.) Fig.: An injury inflicted covertly or suddenly; as, a stab given to character.
- (n.) The thrust of a pointed weapon.
- (v.i.) To give a wound with a pointed weapon; to pierce; to thrust with a pointed weapon.
- (v.t.) To pierce with a pointed weapon; to wound or kill by the thrust of a pointed instrument; as, to stab a man with a dagger; also, to thrust; as, to stab a dagger into a person.
- (n.) A wound with a sharp-pointed weapon; as, to fall by the stab an assassin.
- (v.t.) Fig.: To injure secretly or by malicious falsehood or slander; as, to stab a person's reputation.
- (v.i.) To wound or pain, as if with a pointed weapon.
Webster's Revised Unabridged Dictionary
|APA||Webster's. (2011). stab. Retrieved January 19, 2018, from http://smartdefine.org/stab/definitions/2065664|
|Chicago||Webster's. 2011. "stab" http://smartdefine.org/stab/definitions/2065664 (accessed January 19, 2018).|
|Harvard||Webster's 2011, stab, Smart Define, viewed 19 January, 2018, <http://smartdefine.org/stab/definitions/2065664>.|
|MLA||Webster's. "stab" 27 May 2011. Web. 19 January 2018. <http://smartdefine.org/stab/definitions/2065664>|