- (v.t.) To dress; to clothe.
- (v.t.) To be fitted to; to accord with; to become; to befit.
- (v.t.) To fit; to adapt; to make proper or suitable; as, to suit the action to the word.
- (n.) A number of things used together, and generally necessary to be united in order to answer their purpose; a number of things ordinarily classed or used together; a set; as, a suit of curtains; a suit of armor; a suit of clothes.
- (n.) The act of suing; the process by which one endeavors to gain an end or an object; an attempt to attain a certain result; pursuit; endeavor.
- (n.) Regular order; succession.
- (v.i.) To agree; to accord; to be fitted; to correspond; -- usually followed by with or to.
- (n.) Things that follow in a series or succession; the individual objects, collectively considered, which constitute a series, as of rooms, buildings, compositions, etc.; -- often written suite, and pronounced sw/t.
- (n.) That which follows as a retinue; a company of attendants or followers; the assembly of persons who attend upon a prince, magistrate or other person of distinction; -- often written suite, and pronounced sw/t.
- (n.) The attempt to gain an end by legal process; an action or process for the recovery of a right or claim; legal application to a court for justice; prosecution of right before any tribunal; as, a civil suit; a criminal suit; a suit in chancery.
- (v.t.) To please; to make content; as, he is well suited with his place; to suit one's taste.
- (n.) The act of wooing in love; the solicitation of a woman in marriage; courtship.
- (n.) The act of following or pursuing, as game; pursuit.
- (n.) One of the four sets of cards which constitute a pack; -- each set consisting of thirteen cards bearing a particular emblem, as hearts, spades, cubs or diamonds.
Webster's Revised Unabridged Dictionary
|APA||Webster's. (2011). suit. Retrieved May 23, 2018, from http://smartdefine.org/suit/definitions/2068292|
|Chicago||Webster's. 2011. "suit" http://smartdefine.org/suit/definitions/2068292 (accessed May 23, 2018).|
|Harvard||Webster's 2011, suit, Smart Define, viewed 23 May, 2018, <http://smartdefine.org/suit/definitions/2068292>.|
|MLA||Webster's. "suit" 27 May 2011. Web. 23 May 2018. <http://smartdefine.org/suit/definitions/2068292>|