- A person who backs a politician or a team etc..
- usage: "all their supporters came out for the game"; "they are friends of the library"
- Someone who supports or champions something.
- A person who contributes to the fulfillment of a need or furtherance of an effort or purpose.
- usage: "my invaluable assistant"; "they hired additional help to finish the work"
- A band (usually elastic) worn around the leg to hold up a stocking (or around the arm to hold up a sleeve.
- synonyms: garter
- A support for the genitals worn by men engaging in strenuous exercise.
WordNet 3.0 © 2006 by Princeton University
|APA||WordNet. (2010). supporter. Retrieved June 21, 2018, from http://smartdefine.org/supporter/definitions/1232433|
|Chicago||WordNet. 2010. "supporter" http://smartdefine.org/supporter/definitions/1232433 (accessed June 21, 2018).|
|Harvard||WordNet 2010, supporter, Smart Define, viewed 21 June, 2018, <http://smartdefine.org/supporter/definitions/1232433>.|
|MLA||WordNet. "supporter" 23 October 2010. Web. 21 June 2018. <http://smartdefine.org/supporter/definitions/1232433>|