- The branch of medical science that treats disease or injury by operative procedures.
- usage: "he is professor of surgery at the Harvard Medical School"
- A room where a doctor or dentist can be consulted.
- usage: "he read the warning in the doctor's surgery"
- A room in a hospital equipped for the performance of surgical operations.
- usage: "great care is taken to keep the operating rooms aseptic"
- A medical procedure involving an incision with instruments; performed to repair damage or arrest disease in a living body.
- usage: "they will schedule the operation as soon as an operating room is available"; "he died while undergoing surgery"
WordNet 3.0 © 2006 by Princeton University
|APA||WordNet. (2010). surgery. Retrieved October 19, 2017, from http://smartdefine.org/surgery/definitions/1208674|
|Chicago||WordNet. 2010. "surgery" http://smartdefine.org/surgery/definitions/1208674 (accessed October 19, 2017).|
|Harvard||WordNet 2010, surgery, Smart Define, viewed 19 October, 2017, <http://smartdefine.org/surgery/definitions/1208674>.|
|MLA||WordNet. "surgery" 23 October 2010. Web. 19 October 2017. <http://smartdefine.org/surgery/definitions/1208674>|